Global political influence
Mr. Mohamed M. Abou El Enein plays a distinct role on the global political arena. He was unanimously elected in 2010 as the Chairman of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean (PAM), based in Malta and including all the 37 countries surrounding the Mediterranean. He was also elected as the Chairman of the Committee of Economic and Financial Affairs, Social Affairs and Education of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Union for the Mediterranean (PA-UfM) for two consecutive terms.
The Egyptian-European Council includes in its membership about 300 Egyptian, European and World dignitaries such as current and former prime ministers, ministers, ambassadors, university professors, businessmen and parliamentarians, in addition to the ambassadors of European countries and many Asian countries in Cairo. The Council arranges many conferences, seminars and meetings to discuss vital issues affecting the present and the future of Egypt’s political, economic and foreign relations, especially with the European Union. Many prominent Egyptian and international figures participate in these activities such as Benita Ferrero-Waldner, the European Commissioner for External Relations of the EU and the ambassadors of the EU members in Cairo and ambassadors of other major countries, as well as several Egyptian, European and world senior parliamentary, political and economic figures and senior European official visitors to Cairo.
Global Political Positions
As a result of his diplomatic efforts to reform and strengthen Egypt’s position on the international stage, Abou El Enein was chosen for the following positions:
- Honorary President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean (PAM).
- President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean (PAM) – (2010-2011).
- Roving Ambassador of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean (PAM) and its Permanent Representative to the Arab League.
- Chairman of the Committee on Economic, Financial, Social Affairs and Education in the Parliamentary Assembly of the Union for the Mediterranean (PA-UfM) – (2008-2011).
- Head of the International Committee on Solving the Landmines Problem – EMPA – (2005-2007).
- Head of the Energy Committee of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean (PAM) – (2008-2010).
- Member of the Political and Security Affairs and Human Rights of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Union for the Mediterranean (PA-UFM) – (2005-2008).
- Honored and granted, as a representative of all Parliamentary Members of the southern Mediterranean countries, the Parliamentary Excellence Award in recognition of his record in support of the international and regional parliamentary work by the Euro-Med Parliament. The Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean (PAM) has chosen him as its Roving Ambassador, as well as its Permanent Representative to the League of Arab States.
- Elected as President of the Egyptian-European Council since 2007. The Council is a civil society’s institutions, which plays an important role in strengthening economic cooperation and mutual cultural and political relations between Egypt and Europe.
- Board member of the Arab Thought Foundation since 2001.
- Member of the Egyptian Council for Foreign Relations.